FISHER ARMSTRONG PLANNING DISTRICT
The Fisher Armstrong Planning District provides service to the RM of Fisher and the RM of Armstrong in Manitoba’s Interlake.
We are looking for a permanent full-time building inspector. The ideal candidate will have experience in the review of building plans in relation to the Manitoba Building Code requirements and the ability to provide detailed on-site field reports. An ability to confidently communicate with construction site personnel and the municipal staff is essential.
Responsibilities: The preferred candidate should possess:
- Expert and proven knowledge of the current Manitoba Building Code including Amendments;
- General knowledge of Municipal Zoning Bylaws;
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to assess situations with impartiality and sound judgement;
- Extensive knowledge of building design and approved practices and materials used in building construction;
- Knowledge of the MB Electrical Code and MB Plumbing Code;
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices;
- Good organizational skills.
Requirements: The candidate will have a certificate in Building Technology or a related discipline, and/or extensive experience as a construction tradesperson, and/or over 3 years direct experience in building inspection in residential and/or commercial construction, preferably in a municipal setting.
A valid Manitoba Class 5 licence and a vehicle are necessary. The successful candidate must also be required to provide a current Criminal Record Check. Ownership and use of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) are also mandatory for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume with 3 work related references to:
Fisher Armstrong Planning District Board
c/o RM of Fisher,
Fisher Branch, MB R0C 0Z0 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org