Burning Permits & Burning Bans

Burning permits in the RM of Fisher are required year round. To obtain a burning permit:

  1. Call your ward councilor* (Please refer to the ward mapRM of Fisher Ward Map)
  2. The councilor will call the RM of Fisher office to authorize the permit. Office staff cannot issue the permit without authorization from the ward councilor.
  3. Permits must be signed and picked up at the RM of Fisher office. (Please note: permits are not valid unless they are signed by the property owner requesting the permit.)

*Property owners in Townships 25 & 26 must call Manitoba Conservation for Burn Permits.

For up-to-date information on Fire Bans within the RM of Fisher, please contact the RM of Fisher.

The following conditions will apply to all permit holders.

  1. Ground fires to be extinguished immediately by permit holder.
  2. All areas to be burned must be properly fire guarded.
  3. During dry conditions all burning will be done after 5:00 p.m. except for agricultural purposes eg. alfalfa fields.
  4. Winds for burning to be under 20 km/hr.
  5. A minimum of 3 people should be present during the burning.  Permit holder should have firefighting equipment present.
  6. There will be NO nighttime burning.  Safety precautions must be taken when burning residue crops.
  7.  Permit holder is responsible to notify landowners and residents adjacent to the burn site.

The permit holder is responsible for adhering to the Manitoba Crop Residue Burning Program by checking the daily burning authorization by calling 1-800-265-1233 toll free.  More information about the program can be found on the Manitoba Agriculture website, click here.

Permit may be cancelled at any time due to extreme fire hazard.

Within 2 hours of burning, please get the most recent Fire Report by accessing http://www.gov.mb.ca/wildfire/ (click on Latest Fire Report) or call 1-800-214-6497 (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm).  On evenings and weekends, please call your Reeve or Councillor (contact information below) to ensure there are no Burn Bans in place.

If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the Municipal Office at 372-6393 or your Ward Councillor.