Public Notice is hereby given that the 2021 Assessment Roll for the Rural Municipality of Fisher has been delivered to the Municipal Office at 30 Tache Street, Fisher Branch, Manitoba and is open for public inspection during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) Applications for revision may be made in accordance with sections 42 and 43 of The Municipal Assessment Act:
APPLICATION FOR REVISION
42(1) A person in whose name property has been assessed, a mortgagee in possession of property under section 114(1) of The Real Property Act, an occupier of premises who is required under the terms of a lease to pay the taxes on the property, the authorized agent of the person, mortgagee or occupier, or the assessor may make application for the revision of an assessment roll with respect to:
- Liability to taxation;
- Amount of an assessed value;
- Classification of property; or
- A refusal by an assessor to amend the assessment roll under sub-section 13(2).
43(1) An application for revision must:
- Be made in writing;
- Set out the roll number and legal description of the assessable property for which a revision is sought;
- State the grounds on which the application is based; and
- Be filed by
- delivering it or causing it to be delivered to the office of the Rural Municipality of Fisher, 30 Tache Street, Fisher Branch, Manitoba or
- serving it upon the secretary,
at least 15 days before the scheduled sitting date of the board as indicated below.
The Board of Revision will sit on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. in the Ukrainian National Home, 33 Provencher Street, Fisher Branch, Manitoba to hear applications to revise the 2021 Assessment roll and to revise 2020 assessment changes relating to Sections 300(6) and 326 of The Municipal Act.
The final date on which applications must be received by the Secretary of the Board is Monday, September 28, 2020.
Kelly Marykuca – Secretary
Board of Revision
Rural Municipality of Fisher
Box 280 Fisher Branch, MB R0C 0Z0
Phone: (204) 372-6393 Ext. 4 Fax: 372-8470